Introducing The Upgrade & Save – Upstate New York Rebate Program
Studies show that heating system upgrades can reduce your annual energy expenses by 30-40 percent and pay for themselves in just a few short years through these savings. Now, you can make that payback come even quicker and start saving immediately with the Upgrade & Save – Upstate New York Energy Efficiency and Safety Rebate Program. Through this program, you’ll receive:
- $600 for the replacement/efficiency upgrade of an existing oil-fired furnace or boiler to a higher-efficiency model.
- $350 for the installation of an aboveground oil storage tank to replace an existing tank determined to be unsafe.
- Up to $950 in combined rebates.
- *Limit of 2 Rebates Per Household.
These rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and for a limited time only, so don’t put your heating equipment upgrade off until next year. To learn more, call your local Oilheat dealer and ask about the Upgrade & Save – Upstate New York Energy Efficiency and Safety Rebate Program today!
Oilheat - The Fuel of the Future
We can proudly and confidently say that today's Oilheat is "not your father's Oilheat." This "fuel of the future" is cleaner and greener than ever because of these advances:
Ultra-low sulfur heating oil
In July 2012, home heating oil in New York State became a lot greener.
The reason? The ultra-clean, ultra-efficient, and ultra-environmentally friendly fuel known as ultra-low sulfur heating oil - ULSHO for short.
In 2010, New York State approved a switch to ultra-low sulfur heating oil, which reduces sulfur content in the fuel by 99 percent. The law went into effect on July 1, 2012.
Modern Oilheat has always been a clean fuel - so clean it boasts near-zero emissions. ULSHO is the cleanest Oilheat you can buy. While sulfur levels found in the "old Oilheat" averaged 2,000 parts per million, ULSHO has a sulfur content of 15 parts per million.
ULSHO: Good for heating systems! Heating equipment that runs on ULSHO requires less maintenance. Using ULSHO could also help your heating system operate more efficiently. And, according to the Consumer Energy Council of America, ULSHO reduces emissions by over 70 percent compared to traditional heating fuel.
ULSHO: Good for the environment! When combined with the reduced global warming potential produced by biofuel blends known as Bioheat® fuel (see below), ultra-low sulfur heating oil can be shown to be the environmental fuel of choice for home heating. It's easy being green with ULSHO!
ULSHO: Good for you! With innovations like ULSHO, you can rest assured that Oilheat is the fuel of the future - good for heating systems, the environment ... and you!
New York State Oilheat dealers deeply care about protecting the environment for future generations - and that is why many deliver clean and green Bioheat® fuel. There are so many benefits to using this eco-friendly fuel:
- Bioheat® fuel is domestically produced using biodiesel made from American grown resources like soybeans, which helps support our nation's farmers and reduces our dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Bioheat® fuel has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
- Biodegradable, renewable and non-toxic, Bioheat® fuel burns cleaner than "regular" Oilheat (which is already amazingly clean!). It contains almost no sulfur, and significantly reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to global warming.
- Bioheat® fuel lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce the number of service calls needed annually.
- Bioheat® fuel costs about the same as "regular" Oilheat - and you get a tax credit (see below).
- Bioheat® fuel requires no burner, boiler/furnace or tank modification. And you won't have to change your budget plan, payment plan, service contract or warranties. Bioheat® fuel is delivered to you in the same manner as "regular" Oilheat.
The Oilheat America website (OilheatAmerica.com) is an excellent resource for consumers who are looking to learn more about home heating oil. Here, existing homeowners, potential homebuyers, real estate professionals, home inspectors and builders can find valuable information about the benefits and uses of heating oil and dig deeper by accessing a knowledge base developed especially for the curious consumer. This website was developed with the support of the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA) as part of that organization's mission to educate consumers about today's Oilheat. Both organizations' home pages can be accessed via the links below.
For Oilheat America, click here.
For NORA, click here.
When You Use Bioheat® fuel, You Get a Tax Break! With the New York State Clean Heating Fuel Tax Credit, you earn up to 20 cents per gallon of Bioheat® fuel you use, calculated at one cent per percentage of biodiesel in the blend, between B6 (6 percent biodiesel, or 6 cents per gallon) and B20 (20 percent biodiesel, or 20 cents per gallon). This means for every 1,000 gallons of B20 blend you use, you'll save $200.
To receive a tax credit, you should file a Claim for Clean Heating Fuel Credit along with your tax return. Please consult with your tax professional for the proper forms.